Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Report + File Downloads!

Copied from:
http://beatsportable.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1023&p=1346#p1346
(Keripo = Philip Peng)

=============================================================

Finished up writing the full report with instructions, etc. Includes all relevant documents, source code modifications, photos, and of course a video of the actual demo ; )



Report: 2011-05-09 ESE350 Final Project - Report.pdf
Video: Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game - 1.5.5b Kinect PoC Demo [Android]
Files: http://beatsportable.com/static/kinect/
Blog: Dance With Your Hands

For installation instructions, download all the files in the "install/" folder and skip down to "5. b)" in the report.

Happy hacking!

~Keripo

=============================================================

3 comments:

  1. hi
    I interest in your program.
    I read installation guide.I found that the Android kernel version is 2.2.
    Does this program run on Android kernel version 2.3?(also using the beagleboard-xm)

    I can run the Beats,ofsample,and alogcat.
    But I can't play the Beats with kinect.
    kinect didn't work.

    I ran the ofsmple and it just showed a yellow background.I don't know how to use this program.

    Would you give me some hints?
    I will appreciate you,thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you forgot to patch the kernel for Kinect support as per instructions, I haven't a clue. Try recompiling the unmodified ofsample and seeing if things work with your Kinect first. I honestly haven't dealt much with Android + beagleboard except in this project (where we took a "just works!" approach) so I don't think I'll be of much help ; /

      Delete
  2. Hi Philip,

    Great work!

    I have a basic setup question. I wish to setup OfSample with Eclipse and run it on the kinect. Could you please give me some pointers on how to do that.

    I have OpenFrameworks compiled and running on Android. I've downloaded OfxKinect as well and have added that to the addons folder In OpenFrameworks.

    Now, I have your OfSample code with me. Could you tell me how I should go about including it into eclipse and compile it for android? I read your project report, but it appears that you are using a customized environment for that.

    Appreciate your input. I don't have too much experience with the Android NDK.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete